LIMITED-INTERACTION DELIVERY PROCESS
Fastway has implemented delivery measures in line with the recommendations issued by both the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the South Africa Government.
We are doing everything possible to ensure that we can maintain our service quality, whilst prioritising the health and safety of our people, our customers and the general public.
Please take note of our new delivery procedure. We have called this ‘Limited-Interaction Delivery Process’. These changes have been made to limit the potential spread of covid-19 in line with current guidelines on social distancing and the avoidance of close contact.
1. The courier will arrive at the delivery destination wearing a face mask and gloves. The courier carries sanitiser in the vehicle and will sanitise the gloves before every delivery.
2. On arrival, the courier will ring the bell or intercom and announce their arrival and their intention to complete a delivery. He/she will also explain that goods will be left at the front door or reception of the premises and they will walk back to a safe sanitary distance (approx. 2metres). This will allow the receiver to safely pick up the parcel and sign the paper copy of the runsheet. Please have your own pen handy. The runsheet will be retrieved by the courier once the process has been concluded and the customer has retreated to a safe sanitary distance.
3. We will not pass the scanner to the receiver to capture a proof of delivery signature. Instead the courier will retain possession of the scanner and, after selecting the ‘covid delivery’ option, they will request the name of the signatory which the courier will key into the name field on the handheld device on behalf of the receiver. The courier will capture the given name of the receiver on the device.
4. After you have received your parcel, we recommend you immediately throw away the packaging and sanitise the contents and your hands.
5. A time stamp and GPS co-ordinates are captured at the point where the parcel is scanned as delivered and, where appropriate, a photo will be taken as additional supporting information.
Please note, this process and the relevant information (i.e. recipient name, time stamp and geolocation) constitutes a full POD for the foreseeable future and limited liability will apply accordingly.
Please remember to wash your hands before and after receiving a delivery. We also ask that you avoid direct contact with our drivers, such as handshakes.
This process applies to all deliveries and will remain in place until further notice.